Why join FDT
Those who join the FDT will be able to demonstrate their commitment to, and participation in, dental training and education.
Our Faculty offers a broad membership structure for dental trainers at different career stages and in different areas of practice.
The FDT is the first faculty of its kind in the UK that is open to anyone - in the UK and internationally, regardless of Royal College affiliation - who can provide evidence of the appropriate involvement in dental training.
Members and Fellows will be entitled to use the post-nominals (either MDTFEd or FDTFEd) and will also have access to training-related resources and networking opportunities.
Full membership benefits include:
- The use of post-nominals – MDTFEd for and FDTFEd for Fellows
- Certificate of RCSEd Faculty of Dental Trainers affiliation for your portfolio
- Discounted fees on relevant courses and events
- Access to networking events with dentists and professionals in your field
- Professional support
- Access to Acland Anatomy - a versatile online educational, anatomy resource
- Quarterly copies of the College's award winning publication Surgeons' News to which you can contribute
- Regular e-communications
- Personal library services using our well-resourced medical and surgical library, with the latest in texts, journals and electronic resources
- Online discounts for medical publishers including Oxford University Press, Wiley-Blackwell, Quintessence Publishing and Elsevier
- Discounted accommodation at the College's Ten Hill Place Hotel
- Discounted rates on meetings, events and celebrations at the College's venues, as well as discounted rates on food and beverage in all College restaurants and cafes
For further queries about the Faculty please contact firstname.lastname@example.org